Bimini Bait Shack COVID-19 Message
The restaurant is now open
The bottom line is that we remain acutely vigilant about this serious crisis. We will continue to do everything we can to protect our employees and our customers, and to remain ready to serve our customers in the most appropriate fashion.
We at Bimini Bait Shack pride ourselves on being part of the community we serve. Since our opening in 2018, Bimini Bait Shack has established and upheld industry-leading standards in sanitation and cleaning procedures.
In light of COVID-19, we would like to take this opportunity to share with you some of the policies and procedures that Bimini Bait Shack has in place to protect the health and safety of our team, guests, and neighbors.
Updates to our current procedures:
- Increase frequency and duration of handwashing
- Sanitize all items that touch tables or hard services after each use
- Frequent glove changing for all food handlers
- Additional sanitizing resources for team members and guests, including extra soap, paper towels and hand sanitizer
- Discontinue personal contact between team members and guests, including hand shaking
- Use of EPA-Approved disinfecting, sanitizing, and antimicrobial products
- Closely monitor and adapt recommendations and guidelines outlined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO)
We encourage our team members, guests, and community to:
- Dry hands with paper towels instead of cloth towels
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home if you are sick or showing symptoms consistent with COVID-19
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cover nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing with disposable tissues and then wash hands
Please know that the wellness and safety of our team and guests continues to be our top priority. We encourage you to dine with us and support our fellow businesses in the community. We appreciate your loyalty and trust as a valued guest. We look forward to serving you in the very near future.